Sometimes I just crave a treat that is sweet and simple. Something that doesn’t need decorating and something I don’t feel compelled to make look super cute. So this afternoon when I wanted to sink my teeth into something sugary while I watched Netflix, I went to the pantry to see what I could whip up in a hurry. I’m low on supplies right now but I did have some an opened bag of butterscotch chips and one single egg left, so I decided to make these decadent little blondies.
These are great because you only need a handful of everyday ingredients.
And they are super quick to whisk together.
Bake the blondies and when cool, cut into small squares. These are pretty sweet, so you really don’t need a big bar.
Here’s how to make them.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly coat the bottom of an 8 X 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. You can also line with parchment paper to easily lift blondies from dish.
- In a small bowl give flour, baking powder and salt a quick whisk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and dark brown sugar until completely combined.
- Add egg and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined and then stir in butterscotch chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes and then let cool before cutting into small squares.
Enjoy… and now back to some important binge-watching.